Updated: Feb 26
Here at Ralph Woofington we love good random facts about dogs! Take a break and spend a few minutes discovering some weird, wonderful & totally useless facts, with our favourite top 10 random facts..... Let's dive straight into number 1...
1. It is a myth that dogs are colour blind. They can actually see in colour, just not as vividly as humans. It is similar to our vision at dusk
2. If never spayed or neutered, a female dog, her mate, and their puppies could produce over 66,000 dogs in 6 years!
3. The Lundehune breed has six toes and can close its ears.
4. An African wolf dog known as the Basenji is the only dog in the world that cannot bark. But...........
5. The Basenji is not technically “bark-less,” as many people think. They can yodel.
6. A dog's nose print is as unique as a human's fingerprint, and can be used to accurately identify them.
7. A dog’s sense of smell is legendary, but did you know that his nose has as many as 300 million receptors? In comparison, a human nose has about 5 million.
8. A poll found that 33% of dog owners admit to talking to their dogs on the phone and leaving answering machine messages for them while away.
9. An estimated 1,000,000 dogs in the U.S. have been named as the primary beneficiaries in their owner's will.
10. Greyhounds can beat cheetahs in a race! While cheetahs can run twice as fast as greyhounds, they can only maintain that 70 mph speed for about thirty seconds. A Greyhound can maintain a 35 mph speed for about seven miles. So, the cheetah may take the lead at first, but the greyhound will soon overtake him!
Do you know any random dog facts? Join the conversation below and let us know your entertaining useless facts